This past Monday, Jason and I found out we would be welcoming another little boy into our family. As soon as the ultrasound tech place the doppler on my stomach, I saw that it was a boy. The crazy thing is that I wasn’t super disappointed. Sure, it would have been cool to have a girl, but having a boy would be easier. I know how to handle a boy. We have tons and tons of boy clothes and plenty of trucks, ninja turtles and nerf guns to share between the boys.
We let Braxton announce the gender Monday evening in front of some family. We purchased silly string and let him spray the color string into the air to share with our family if baby # 2 was a boy or girl. It was fun!
We have decided to name our second son, Beckett Levi. We will now have two BLJ’s (Braxton Leland and Beckett Levi) which we didn’t really intend on doing, but we think it’s kind of cool how it worked out.
Thursday night, I started going through tubs of baby clothes and organized out Newborn-6 months clothes. Jason washed them and today I have already organized and folded them into groups. We have started putting together the nursery and decorating which has been fun!
Braxton is really excited about having a brother as are we, and we cannot wait until September to welcome our other rambunctious, wild, fearless little boy into the world! What a journey it has been!
Today we are officially 20 weeks pregnant! I still cannot believe we’ve made it this far considering the journey it took to get here! It’s also Easter, which is also such an incredible milestone, because without Jesus, life would be so less amazing!
I still remember the exact moment we found out that we were pregnant back in January. We were shocked, and we certainly weren’t expecting this miracle to take place. After all that we had been through we had stopped treatment and had discussed the possibility that Braxton might be our only child. But then God happened. He heard our cries and our prayers, and He blessed us with our second miracle. There are no words that adequately describe how blessed Jason and I feel.
So far the pregnancy has gone relatively well. Besides the subchorionic hematoma, back at 11 weeks which landed us in the ER full of worry, all has been smooth. I have an increasingly visible bump, and I feel the baby moving all the time. This baby is so much like Braxton already because he was also super active throughout pregnancy.
Tomorrow, at 1pm, we find out if baby #2 is a boy or girl. People ask us every day what our preference is, but we honestly do not have one. We tried getting pregnant for so long, we spent thousands upon thousands of dollars and experienced a miscarriage, so we just want a healthy baby! We will be announcing the gender Monday night, so make sure to check back in the evening to see what we’re having!
Thanks for all of the continued prayers and well wishes. We are so blessed, and we are beyond excited to welcome another child into our family!
Do you think baby # 2 is a BOY or a GIRL?
For those new to following my blog “When Infertility Happens”, I wanted to share a few things about me that you might not know. Feel free to reach out with any questions!
- My husband and I have been married for nearly 6 years (May 20, 2011). We’ve been together almost 9 (July 2017).
- We have been struggling with infertility for 5+ years
- We have a three year old son who we naturally conceived after 2 years of treatment and trying to conceive
- We had a failed IVF procedure in July of 2016
- We suffered a miscarriage in November of 2016 after FET
- We are pregnant with our second child who we natually conceived in December 2016 after our miscarriage. Due Sept. 3rd 2017!
- I’m a small business owner (Buzz Mitten Media), and I have another blog: Coffee, Chaos and Giggles that discusses more than just infertility
- I love sports. I root for the MSU Spartans, Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions and Detroit Red Wings.
- I played Ice Hockey
- I am a self-published author. A Night of Magic and When Infertility Happens: 31 Days of Prayer and Workbook-both available on Amazon
- I live in Michigan
- I have a major sweet tooth
- I have two sisters, one older and one is my twin
- I graduated from Western Michigan University with a Bachelor’s in Sales and Business Marketing in 2010. I received my MBA in 2012.
- I journal, religiously.
- I love to cook
- I am a coffee addict
- I love participating in races (mostly 5k’s & 10k’s, ran ONE 1/2 marathon in 2 hours, 1 minute)
- I love doing arts and crafts with my son
- I have two pit mixes, Reagan and Carter